Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Colleges and starting online businesses

I remember approximately ten years ago I started college. 

Everybody’s question was: “What’s your major?”
Just like everybody else, you kiiiiinda have an idea, but you’re not 100% sure. 

I thought about a pharmacy major, because I wanted to earn six figures a year when I graduated. 

But I quickly found out that wasn’t the right choice. 

Because I suck at science - I received a D in chemistry and received an email from the chem dept advising I don’t continue. Duly noted :)

So I thought “Hey, let’s go into business. Accounting looks promising”. 

Four years later, I graduated and quickly became a CPA. I clearly don't use that license anymore...

But, I actually don’t regret that path at all (it has helped me BIG time with saving $$ in my business). 

In hindsight though, I think it is incredible how most of us almost blindly choose a college major. 

It’s something that will most likely determine the rest of your life. 

And I’ve seen many parallels to starting an online business. 

Do you want a digital product business?

Or a service business?

Are you just guessing which one based on your “big” idea?

Or did you choose it because you know one fits your ideal lifestyle?

I think it is very important to know this from the very beginning so that you can start living your dream life sooner. 

What sparked this email was the feedback that I received after my business broker posted this article on their site.

People really wanted to know the pros and cons of running a digital product business vs a service business from somebody (me!) who has built and sold both. 

So, please help me help you by filling out a short survey so I can determine what to write about so you can make a solid decision for yourself. 

Click here to take the survey

And there’s no sale here when I release the content to you. No upsells, cross-sells, or any of that stuff. 

Just pure value catered specifically to what you want to learn. 

Thanks in advance. 

Always rooting for your success,
Alan Kong

P.S. Here’s the Google Forms survey link written out if you're more comfortable copying and pasting it

No comments:

Post a Comment